Sunday 28 October 2012

Rappers at War..



























Photos courtesy of Facebook

While we were just busy minding our businesses and listening to MaMoribos we heard that the rap game in Botswana got some beef. Eminem and Ja Rule kind of beef. Where people are not afraid to say what they are feeling. We all know that in Botswana we keep our feelings bottled up because we believe Botswana is too small and we might meet the people we wronged either at the recruitment center or at our local hot-spot and thus get beaten up. That is why most times we keep things inside.

The beef
According to Ntheye Kabandama, a producer who goes by the Ninja Mane Trappin, Samba T never paid him for a beat he produced for him.

But we cannot explain this any further so here is the story from both parties. And Cibil Nyte, the man who brought the two together also adds his own.

Ninja Mane Trappin says,

May you please tell us what really happened for this to happen and this issue to take this turn?
First off I have one word of advice for any producer out there tryna make it in Bots, you're not gonna do it with Samba... Samba ain't tryna pay anyone out there.. He don't have that kind of money, "di-obligation di baya ko go ene"
But I saw from the first time we met that he wasn't tryna pay me because of his first "contract deal" what what, so I demanded the P1000 he had initialy agreed to pay me, he promised that at the end of the month he would pay me but he didn't pull through as I expected. He shot a video and claimed he called me. The next day I put up a status on Facebook which caught his attention because he felt it was directed at him.
He came to my hood and claimed I was disrespecting him and asked me to leave his car after I asked him to get to the point of why he asked us to meet. I then involved my dad "Mr. Manager" to do my tax collection. Ke fa a nna ngwana, he gave me P500. That’s 5clip less of what we agreed. He went quiet, then out of the blue, I hear this guy on the radio tuning he gave me all of my sh*ts and all.. I flipped. And here we are. I really don't need his money because evidently he can't afford a nigga like me.

Was the agreement that he pays you some money for the beat? Or like he mentioned on radio there was no money supposed to be involved and the P500 he gave you was just to thank you and it should have ended there?

He jacked the beat. He didn’t get it from me, I wouldn't even have agreed to let him have it in the first place coz I'm very skeptical about the niggaz who jump on my work,,, Especially with Maa'fcukin ATI. Like c'mon. He agreed when I told him that I wanted a thousand, even though it wasn't in writing, I trusted this guy coz of the apparent name he has in the streets, but we've seen gore it’s all lies.
He agreed to give me a thousand, he came to my house on a Friday night about 4 months ago with some fake contract deal ya internet downloads and all and I eventually told him, deal in cash.. He went quiet after that.
He’s just a good liar, gape he’s a grown man. I wouldn’t have expected that from him.

Did Samba T come over to your house and disrespect your father? If so what did he do exactly?
At 1am in the morning, drunk on free alcohol, coz he’s a broke a**... He came with a number of cars and a bunch of friends threatening me from the gate and stuff... My dad went out, I was in bed at the time, coz that’s what normal people do at 1am on a Tuesday morning.
He was tuning my dad rubbish with all his homies. They threatened him and stuff... I wouldn't call the police on him coz I'm too real for that.
That’s all Ima say on that issue though... That one is personal.


Here is what Samba T had to say about the whole thing,
I was working closely with Cibil Nyte before he released his Nyte Time album so I was privy to a lot of his beats as he was with my beats. I gave him a beat from one of my producers and then later on asked for the beat ya Tsibinki from him. It was called 'head rush'. I told Cibil to link me with the producer so there’s no misunderstandings as to me using the beat.
I called him to say I’m about to record and he agreed. After the track dropped he sends a message asking about when he’s getting paid for it and I told him Cibil didn’t tell me he had sold the beat to him. I called Cibil and he confirmed that was never the agreement.
I was firstly pissed that he didn’t give me feedback about the track and just skipped to money, but in all honesty he’s a rude young man who doesn’t have interpersonal skills in such a fragile industry. I told him I’d meet him half way and I gave him 500 just as a gesture of appreciation. The next thing he’s insulting me on FB and YouTube, commenting on my video, calling my boy ATI a fag and all that bull. Gape he was calling me out and making threats on the net. So I went to his crib since he was claiming I had something coming my way. The next thing he’s inboxing Ma Moribos to get a scoop. Long story short, I’m done wit lil nigga. If he says my name again or FB tags me or whatever. I’ve made my peace with what should be done. PRODIGAL.

And on disrespecting Ninja Mane Trappin’s father, he said, “No. I know his father. I’d neva do that.”


Cibil Nyte’s words, “The whole thing is a misunderstanding and nobody wantd this to go as far as it has. As for me and both parties we cool. There was a comunication breakdowng. Nuthin more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment